The United Way of Superior-Douglas County serves Ashland, Bayfield and Douglas Counties, and Minong, from our Superior office on the corner of Belknap and Tower.
We invite you to e-mail, call, or stop in and give us an opportunity to share our vision for a better community. We will be happy to share how we are collaborating and partnering to address our Community Impact Initiatives — Early Childhood Literacy, Homelessness, and At-Risk Youth.
"Dolly Parton, a country music star and advocate for children's literacy, developed a literacy program called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library." University of Wisconsin-Superior Social Work Research students have identified an aspect of this program to research every year since we introduced it to the community. To read more about the results of the most recent research project click on the link below.
Request for Proposal for 2013 - 14 United Way funding
- Ashland, Bayfield and Minong RFP: 2013 U.Way Program RFP for Ashland and Bayfield.docx
- Douglas County Homeless Initiative RFP: 2013 U.Way Program RFP for Douglas Co. Homeless Initiative.docx
- Douglas County At-Risk Youth Initiative RFP: 2013 U.Way Program RFP for Douglas Co. At-risk youth Initiative.docx
- Douglas County Early Childhood Literacy/Kindergarten Readiness RFP: 2013 U.Way Program RFP for Douglas Co. Literacy Initiative.docx
Additional Information for Funding Requests for Proposals
- Financial info A.docx
- Financial Info B.docx
- Organizations Budget form.docx
- PROGRAM BUDGET FORM.docx
- Score Card.docx
Little Blue Bookshelves
The 2013 Campaign is in full swing!
This year we are closing our campaign on December 31st. Pledges and donations are welcome year round; however, the Community Investment panels meet in February to recommend allocation amounts to programs requesting funding, and need to know how much they have to invest. If you want more information contact United Way. Volunteers are needed to review program requests and make funding recommendations.
Give, Advocate, Volunteer - Live United this year
Completed the Night Without a Home Sleep Out, Nov 10th-11th. Thank you for all the participants and volunteers. It was an awesome night.
Successfully completed Women's and Men's Ice Hockey event on Nov 17. Thank you for our sponsor--Calumet Superior, LLC and volunteers.